Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hooly hoops are taking over the world!

Maybe the title of this blog is a slight exaggeration but wouldn't it be great?!  I can just imagine bright, colourful, beautifully sewn, Button Fayre hoop art all over the place and I know it would make me happy, he he he.



What's going on right now?  Well, I suppose a blog is a great place to kind of put a little bit of you into things too and so it's a great time to say that I have a couple of rather hectic, stressful, weeks coming up so may be a little slow with Button Fayre but will do my best to stay on top of things ( and thank goodness I do have Button Fayre to keep me sane! )

My eldest daughter will be getting on a bus from our small town at 8am on Saturday 3rd May and heading towards St. Raphael on the French Riviera!  She travelled up to Paris for a job interview last week, a two day trip as the travelling itself took 7 hours with several train changes and the metro to deal with, which was pretty nerve wrecking for both of us ( I was calling her every half an hour ) and we were over the moon to receive a phone call the day after she came home to say she had the job!  
So, now my problem is the fact that she's leaving, it's pretty heart breaking and I didn't think I'd ever feel this way.  The last 20 years has flown by and feels like she's always been with me and now she's flying away but I'm so incredibly proud and so happy for her too, she's a wonderful young woman and I know I've done a great job with her.

I also have to travel back to the chidlren's hospital in Limoges this Friday with my other daughter ( the one with Crohn's disease ) for an appointment with the anaesthetist as she's being admitted on the 8th and 9th for further examinations under a general anaesthetic and of course I'm going to stay with her....I've told her we're going to buy magazines and take books and just have a really girly time together in our pj's, he he he.
So, as you can see, it's a bit of a turbulent personal time for me but I'm taking it all in my stride and positively, it's onwards and upwards in this house!

I've been super busy today getting a 4 inch hoop order done and it's beautiful, truly stunning.  It took me a lot longer than I'd anticipated but that's just because I'm a perfectionist and love designing too, I can't help myself but to add extra things here and there and although I have a fixed idea of the design, once I start sewing it's inevitable that things may get changed slightly or added to....that's the beauty of sewing though!

Here it is and I hope you like it, I was asked for specific colours and used mostly Liberty fabrics for the flowers which look so pretty on their own, nevermind the hand sewn embroidery which really makes it fly.


I LOVE doing hoops, I'm loving them more and more as I evolve with them and what better way to decorate a wall!

Next time I'm going to tell you more about my new studio/craft room plans as the focal point wallpaper's turned up, I'm skipping with excitement because it's gorgeous.

Oooh, don't forget about the ' Great Button Fayre Sewing Buzz ' competition on my Facebook page too, a wonderful opportunity to use your design and sewing skills to the max, really let go, and be in with the chance of winning some beautiful prizes!  There's a children's category too and all entries are extremely, warmly, welcomed because I'm running an online auction with them all in July to raise money for CICRA ( research for children with Crohn's and Colitis ).  Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to all entrants so far and to all who are in the middle of sewing their hearts out especially for the competition.

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment