Thursday, April 3, 2014

Funky summer coasters

I've absolutely no idea yet, how Blogger works, nevermind Google Plus!  I really need to spend a few minutes looking into how I might find fellow crafters on here and even friends.  If you're on Blogger then give me a shout!  I am really enjoying this blog though, it's so easy to use.

I've spent a lot of time designing behind the scenes this week and managed to sew up 12 coasters today, yippeeeee.  However, they've disappointed me somewhat due to the time they actually take, that as a small business I just have to take into consideration when pricing, but their originality and the fact that they're lovingly home made just has to count.  The second however is that they're so super funky that I could actually go mad designing and making them, I'm filling my garden tables up with these this year and am sure they'll be a pleasure to put my glasses of home made lemonade on.  I think I'm going to make some table mats next but as usual my time is precious and I already have so much to be getting on with..... they're on their way though!

So here they are in all their funky glory, if you look closely you'll see an appliquéd apple on one of them and it's adorable.


I do love mix and match and my whole house is this way, and everything in it!  These coasters have been made with some vintage fabric finds and a couple of new fabrics too and so not only are they a set of 6 totally different coasters, they're also a set of 6 different coasters that have been made with fabrics from different generations, how cool is that?!  

These things float my boat, he he he.

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment