Wednesday, April 2, 2014

All things bright and beautiful!

Lots of entries have been coming in for ' The Great Button Fayre Sewing Buzz ' competition on Button Fayre's Facebook page, it's brilliant!

As most followers of my work will have gathered by now, I love colour.  I find inspiration in absolutely everything as my eyes are always open to the world around me and I adore mixing and matching fabrics to create art work by means of sewing, it's such a beautiful, and elegant, form of art.

Here's my latest cushion design called ' Acorn Squirrel '.  This has taken weeks in the design, preparation and sewing and sewing the tail up was a task and a half, it's true when they say that sewing makes you squint.!

What a vibrant and unique design, I adore it and those fabrics are just lush....a lot of them are Liberty in fact and I must admit that I'm not a fan of all Liberty fabrics but I do love the smaller, brighter patterns.

If you're wondering about my sewing competition then please follow this link and take a look, it's free to enter and I'm hoping will be a massive success as the main aim is to raise money for CIRCA ( Children with Crohn's and Colitis ) by holding an online auction during the summer with all entries.
One of my daughter's was diagnosed at the age of 9, 3 and a half years ago, with Crohn's disease and she has it severely which is why it's so important for me to get involved and to help with the ongoing research.

https://www.facebook.com/events/236763479781446/

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment