Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The more the merrier


So much has been going on in recent months, more of which you can read and get up to date about on my other blog attached to my website www.buttonfayre.com 

I'm very excited to have almost reached 12,000 likes on my Facebook page, it's incredible and such a huge accomplishment, and I'm even more excited that so many of these people have become firm friends whether they're clients or other business owners.  
Facebook really is a wonder and we all have a bit of a moan about it now and then but where would we be without it?  It's opened up so many new doors for me, so many opportunities, and I'll always be grateful for that.

This blog post is all about showing off some work from 2014, a year full of challenges and promises for me.  Here goes....


I adore these brooches and they're a fresh, brand new, design for 2015.  I'll let you in to a secret and if you're reading this then you're one of the first to know!  I'm going to be using the yo you flower theme a lot in some new cushion designs I have planned....and I'm not giving any more away than that, he he he.  
Orders for these can be placed by contacting me on my Facebook page and they make wonderful accessories to brighten up any coat or outfit, plus wonderful gifts too!



I'm currently in the process of designing and sewing up quite a few of these ' Hooly Hoop Art ' pieces which are new, modern, versions of the original Button Fayre ' Hooly Hoop ' design.  They're very exciting and a wonderful addition to any wall.



This beautiful textile art piece was a real favourite of mine in 2014, so much so that it stayed on my wall for quite some time before I was tempted to sell it.
I've always loved mixing old and new, vintage and modern.  This style works well for me because the excitement of using something old with something brand new is just too much, I love the heavy contrast, even in something as simple as an old antique frame with a new textile art piece inside it.


Yes, I do sew other items apart from cushions and textile art pieces.  In fact, I can sew just about anything but I rarely follow patterns as they get me all cuffuddled ( if I'm totally honest ) and as the design process gets me going, so does the design of the pattern too.  I really do design absolutely everything from scratch and then construct and sew it into something 100% unique.


Ok, I admit it!  This was my favourite cushion design of 2014 and I love it so much because I used the art of appliqué to not only design and create a basic design but to also add texture to it in shapes and forms.  It really was a lot of hard work and hours and hours of designing, cutting out and then sewing, but so worth it.



Here are a few of my bestest designs and they make me so happy to look at them, what else can I say?

Happy New Year for 2015 with all of the scrummiest, jelly beaniest, wonderful, wishes from me and I hope to see you around on Button Fayre for some chats and fun.

Lucy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment