Friday, January 30, 2015

Huge progress made on the new cushion design and snow!


I'm not sure whether to speak about the new cushion design first or the fact that we have snow as I love the snow!

Let's get the snow part over with and I have a lovely photo to prove it...the snowflakes today were almost the size of golf balls and I don't think I've ever seen them so big, it was fabulous.


In hindsight I should have taken a photo from the back of the house as the rolling hills and trees are gorgeous when they're all covered in snow, well, actually they're gorgeous all year round.

Now to the cushion design and I'm still not sure what to call this, maybe ' Yo Yo Flower Power '?
This has taken me all week to cut, prepare and sew and so I've done it in stages and am so happy to have almost finished, there's just the little beads to sew onto the flower centres now and I may have a play with fabric paint around the bird tails later too, I'll see.

Here it is so far and I hope you've enjoyed the progress of this design.


It's quite a strong design built up with lots of gorgeous colour and I'm quite certain that once I've sewn it up into a cover, added pom pom trim to the edges and then added the cushion that it'll look smashing.

This will be up for sale as soon as it's complete and so keep an eye out on Button Fayre's Facebook page for updates.

Have a super week-end!

Lucy x


No comments:

Post a Comment