Saturday, January 24, 2015

New design in the making


I really love it when a new design is underway...the excitement of your original idea, the planning and then finally the actual cutting out and placing of fabrics, buttons, etc.

This is just a quick post about a brand new design, the first of 2015 for Button Fayre, woohoooo.
Things are looking good, even if it's snowing outside ( but I can't complain because I adore the snow ) and the summer is definately on my mind.

This new design will be a colourful addition to an already beautifully vibrant collection of cushions with one difference, the use of yo-yo flowers to add real texture to the overall cushion.  Doing this gives a 3D effect and scope for lots of fun and so I can't wait until the whole thing is complete but for now a day has been spent getting this far and it's looking wonderful.




There's still so much to do, lots of petal shapes to cut out and place, the birds to be added and decorated, toadstools along the bottom and other pretty flowers and shapes...oh, and not forgetting once the machine sewing's complete I can hand sew all buttons and sequins.  

I think it's going to be a stunner and so stay posted for progress photos on Facebook and more news.


Button Fayre's also on Pinterest and so take a look there too for some summertime inspiration on this winter's day and most of all, have fun.

Stay warm,

Lucy x


2 comments:

  1. Great new wip Lucy,
    I've just started blogging again so will add you to my faves list when I'm next on my netbook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely and thank you so much :)
      Have a super evening x

      Delete