Friday, August 29, 2014

It's that smashing time of the year!



I'm very guilty indeed of absolutely loving every single season and after having quite a rubbish summer here in the Limousin I'm now looking forward to the warm Autumn days and the colours they bring.

Children are back at school next week and we have a huge thing going on because our twins are starting nursery which will feel very strange.  There's not been a day go by in the last two and a half years that I've not spent with them both and now all I want to be is a fly on the wall, he he he.
So, looking on the positives, this is going to allow me more time to work which will be fantastic and I can really start to get Button Fayre going, fitting in more orders and generally having a fab time with fabrics and my sewing machine, plus more time to write regularly on my blogs, updating Pinterest and fitting in chats with other crafter friends.

Somehow I've actually managed to come out with some beautiful designs over the summer but it's not hard when there's so much going on around here with festivals, carnavals and general French going's on's, I'm very lucky!

The above cushion was designed during my two week holiday time actually and as I wasn't under pressure, time wise, I was able to pick it up, put it down, and relax with it which was nice.  It's the first time I've added quite a large design using fabric paint too ( they're the rays of colour on the left hand side ) and this design is so wonderful simply because I'm able to offer a piece of Button Fayre at a very affordable price and there will be more coming in this range which is exciting.



This gorgeous cat cushion is one of 5 orders I've had under a special offer and turned out so beautifully.  I really love it when I'm asked for certain colours because it changes the whole look of the basic design and so I've had real fun with these and am still designing and sewing the last two.




I've also managed to sew up a few Kindle Paperwhite cases too which are all quite beautiful and I love adding vintage buttons to the modern fabrics, it always looks so quirky and works really well.  
I'm able to sew up any size case and was asked to make a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet case which was super fun and these might just be popular in the festive period, hope so!

I could show you more but I'll stop there so that I can tell you quickly about the giveaway I recently run.
It was an amazing experience and I had lots of new visits to my Facebook page which was brilliant, it's always good to keep things fresh and up to date so that when new visitors come, as well as old, things are exciting. 
The winner was Sam Belsey and she's very excited about her family tree cushion that's going to take me a couple of weeks to complete but I'm very excited too, even more so by her enthusiasm, and so a huge congratulations to her.

I'll be talking a little bit ( nooooo, it's not too early for crafters, he he he ) about Christmas and the upcoming range ( already started on Button Fayre's Facebook page ) in the next blog post because it's such an exciting time of the year to work towards it all, I love it.

Lucy x




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I'm always so (or should that be sew?) envious of anyone who can sew. My machine lies under lots of dust because I can't even sew on a button! Looking forward to your... shhh, Christmas range. *Sneaks away before being told off for using that word too early*
    Cath aka Ty Siriol

    ReplyDelete