Saturday, July 26, 2014

The power of giving


I'm feeling very happy right now, so at ease with myself and life around me.

The summer is unfolding beautifully here in France although we've had our fair share of storms and rain now. I quite like it though because it's nature's way of clearing the air or we'd all suffocate with the heat.

Button Fayre's been extremely busy recently completing orders, designing a wonderful Robot blanket for a commission, and of course with the auction to raise money for CICRA.

I'm very happy to announce that the total raised is £231.51 and the donation has now been made.  A
massive thank you to everyone involved for  your wonderful support, it was a huge success.



I lovely lady approached me on Facebook recently and asked if I could design a cuddle blanket for her two year old son.  I was hot on the case and ordered in some lime green fleece ( which is delicious and wonderful to work with, I think I'll be ordering more in lots of colours! )  I suggested doing a robot as I knew this would be a fun thing to work on and she very happily agreed.
Working on a robot design was really great and designing with boys colours in mind and different shapes...well, it was super duper. 

Here's the finished blanket and the photo doesn't do it justice but it's so rich, vibrant and fun to look at!  My two year old twins have been extremely drawn to it and their faces lit up when I showed it to them, so lovely to see their smiles at my work.



I've called him ' The Raggedy Robot ' because with time, the freehand machine embroidered squares on the main body will fray slightly and really give him some texture and life, I love that effect in my work!

I'm hoping that the next blog post I write will be a tutorial for a quick piece of textile art and so keep your eyes peeled.

Lucy x


No comments:

Post a Comment